|This is only for developers. CentOS for Amahi is currently ON HOLD!|
Configure and test installation of Amahi 9 with CentOS 7.2 for potential adoption for the next Amahi release. This is ONLY for development testing by the Amahi staff!
- Create Amahi repo
Create apps for C7
Test Apps (only phpSysInfo has been tested)
- Build Amahi-specific RPMs (amahi-anywhere, amahi-greyhole, amahi-plex, amahi-sync, amahi-netboot)
- Test Netinstall method
Build apps testbot
- Create custom Amahi CentOS 7 ISO (see Create Custom Centos 7 Kickstart boot CD ISO)
- Determine solution to missing packages (from repos) for some applications
Download CentOS 7.2:
- Netinstall ISO (376MB):
- Minimal ISO (603MB):
Follow the CentOS 7 Minimal Server install guidance using Minimal ISO and create a user (DON'T set root password).
Installation must be done as root user.
- Install dependencies:
yum install epel-release nano psmisc wget yum install gcc mysql-devel ruby-devel rubygems
- Download custom packages:
wget http://tdstatic.net/RPMs/hda-ctl-7.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm wget http://tdstatic.net/RPMs/hda-platform-9.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm wget http://tdstatic.net/RPMs/rubygem-mysql2-0.4.4-1.x86-64.rpm wget http://tdstatic.net/RPMs/rubygem-ruby-dbus-0.11.1-1.noarch.rpm
- Install custom packages:
yum localinstall hda-ctl-7.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm yum localinstall hda-platform-9.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm yum localinstall rubygem-mysql2-0.4.4-1.x86-64.rpm yum localinstall rubygem-ruby-dbus-0.11.1-1.noarch.rpm
- Install Ruby Gems:
gem install mysql2 ruby-dbus
- Install Amahi:
- rubygem-mysql2 and rubygem-ruby-dbus packages not available in CentOS or EPEL repo
- Dashboard reflects MariaDB server not running (Bug #1802)
- Not all app dependencies available in CentOS or EPEL repo (i.e. calibre is not)
- Missing packages affects some apps
- RepoForge (formerly RPMForge) does not appear to be a solution to replace RPM Fusion. It's outdated and research indicates it's a dead project.
See Amahi Bug #2081 for development progress.
- Install of CentOS 7.2 Minimal ISO is the only tested method
- Procedures for Amahi install have not been sufficiently tested
- Platform (Bug #1386) checklist was completed with no issues