From Amahi Wiki
This is the knowledge base wiki for Amahi, the home server. Please add or edit any information in the Wiki that you feel is lacking, missing, or needs improvement.
- Introduction to the Amahi HDA, or Home Digital Assistant, "like a PDA, but for the home"
- System requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Interactive Network Troubleshooter
- Issues and feedback
- Have a look at the Popular Pages to see if your topic of interest is there. Otherwise find the major topics below in groups.
- Current stable release: Amahi 7, Fedora 19
- Amahi one-click applications are typically updated for the latest stable release ONLY.
- This wiki is built to provide support for the stable releases under Ubuntu and Fedora.
- Registration in this wiki is subject to manual approval due to spam considerations.
- Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS instructions
- Fedora 14 instructions
- Fedora 19 / Amahi 7
- Amahi Virtualized
- Installation Troubleshooting:
- Adding a second hard drive to your HDA Adding additional hard drives
- Terminal Scripts - useful scripts for the HDA.
- Linux/HDA Commands - Commonly used commands for Linux and Amahi.
- Storage and file sharing - setup & manage users and shares and access between them.
- Mounting Shares Locally - How to mount shares locally on the HDA for managing data safely.
- Access Shares in..
- Troubleshooting Shares - troubleshoot shares.
- Post Install Hardware Changes - Steps for changing hardware on your Amahi server (i.e. mother board, network card, etc).
Accessing your HDA from anywhere on the network
- VPN: outside your network.
- SSH (key-based) access to your HDA.
- VNC: inside your network (e.g. if your HDA is "headless").
- TigerVNC: Add Desktop GUI to Amahi 7 and access remotely.
Greyhole (Storage Drive Pooling)
- Greyhole - Overview of Greyhole with Amahi.
- Storage Pooling - Overview of what it is all about.
- Greyhole Logmon - an app for your HDA that monitors Greyhole activity.
- Greyhole landing zone also known as the LZ; explained and how to work with it.
- Updating Greyhole - a manual update option for the Greyhole install in Amahi.
- Moving Data Out of Greyhole - Removing drives and data out of the storage pool.
- Amahi 7 Create Manual Greyhole Setup: Basic guidance for manual install and configuration of Greyhole.
Using your HDA to manage your home network
LAN (internal) Networking
- Networking - Static IPs: How to assign static IPs to your network devices.
- Change IP Address/Network Gateway/DHCP Server Range: Change IP address of your Amahi server, Network Gateway, and DHCP Server Range.
- Turning off DHCP Server: Shows how to turn off DHCP Server on your HDA.
- Two HDAs on the same network: The advanced background for a dual-HDA setup
- Adding an HDA networked printer: Guide to set up a print server on your HDA.
WAN (external) Networking
- Punching DNS Holes: How to assign IP addresses outside of your network for your home domain.
- Hosting web site: how to host your own web site on the web from your Amahi home server
- Changing DNS provider
- Configuring OpenDNS
- Creating web apps: how to make your own web apps, with your code or other's code
- Apps Gallery: The repo of Amahi one-click apps (NOTE: Convenience fees may apply. Log into Amahi website to purchase).
- Calendars: How to use the calendar server in the HDA, including Outlook and iCal sync.
- Backups: Guides on backup and restore: Windows XP, Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8, Ubuntu Linux, and MacOSX.
- RAID guides for RAID 1 and RAID 5
- Automatic Database Backup: Automatically have your HDA database backed up daily.
- Monit Web Interface: Monitor and control status of your HDA services.
- Password protect Apps: Password protect web applications.
- Network troubleshooting
- Vista Networking Issue
- Greyhole troubleshooting
- Shares troubleshooting
- VPN troubleshooting
- Data Recovery help
- File system troubleshooting
Contributed by the Amahi user community
Roadmap & Development
The core team ONLY supports Ubuntu and Fedora development at this time. All others are being supported by the user community.
ACTIVE - Stable Released or In Development
INACTIVE - Unsupported or Halted
- Translate Amahi to your language
- How to Create a new Theme
- Create a Bug/Feature/Support ticket!
- Contribute by Packaging apps or Testing apps
- Amahi Wallpapers
- Amahi Banners