To enable Wake-On-Lan (WOL) on your HDA
1. Enable WOL in the BIOS
2. Boot Fedora. Open a terminal and execute
su to get root access
3. Assuming your LAN interface is on eth0, run
The output will look similar to this:
4. Look for a line similar to this:
This means that WOL by magic packets is enabled on that interface.
If the line is
then WOL is disabled. Activate it by running
ethtool -s eth0 wol g
If you don't find any line containing Wake-on at all, then your interface card doesn't support WOL, or the OS cannot detect it , or it's not enabled in the BIOS.
Check the ethtool man pages for a full explanation of the Wake-on options
- Note: Some legacy drivers forget the setting during boot. Run
ethtool eth0again if you suspect this is the case
- Reference: See this link http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_power_mgt_wol for a general explanation of WOL.