From Amahi Wiki
This is a compilation of the Fedora specific tutorials. If you want to add something, please only provide the link and description here. The actual tutorial should be it's own page.
- Firewall: iptables: How to enable iptables firewall on your HDA.
- Proxy server: squid: How to create a proxy server.
- squidGuard: Content filtering using squidGuard.
- Netboot: How to set up PXE Network boot.
- FreeNX: Accessing your HDA with FreeNX
- Enable Outgoing Mail: Use your ISP to send mail from your HDA.
- Monitor System Logs via E-mail: Sends logs to designated e-mail address daily.
- Send Outgoing Emails via Gmail: Use your Gmail account to send mail from your HDA.
- Disk Error Alerts: Monitor disk drive wellness and receive email alerts if errors are detected.
- Using Tonido: Remote access web application.
- Access HDA over SSL: Secure access to http://hda.
- Secure App Access: Secure access to web applications.
- Joomla HTTPS access: Access Joomla over a secure connection via HTTPS.
- Upgrade Firefox: Upgrade Firefox to the latest version.
- Amahi Mail System: Run a mail server on your HDA with virtual users and domains.
- VNC: Add Desktop GUI to Amahi 7 and access remotely.
- TigerVNC: Add Desktop GUI to Amahi 8 or 9 and access remotely.
- CUPS Printer Service: How to add web UI for managing printers from HDA.
- Virus Scan Shares: This show you how to set up daily virus scans of your Amahi shares.
- SSH Email Alerts: Receive emails anytime a user logs into the HDA using SSH.
- Network File System (NFS): How to use Amahi as an NFS server.
- HDA As Part Time Server: Use the HDA as a part time server with ReadyNAS.
- Laptop Close Lid Behavior: How to keep laptop active when closing the lid.
- Maillog Analyzer for Postfix: Script will display command line mail stats or send them to you daily via email.
- Pflogsumm : Log analyzer for Postfix. It can mail out a summery on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and is fully configurable.
- Data recovery from accidentally deleted files or crashed drives: Recover from deleted files or crashed drives.
- Data Recovery Techniques on Linux: How to recover deleted files.
- GMail Relay Linux Home Server: Use GMail and
sendmailto send system e-mails.
- Sendmail SMTP GMail Relay: Alternate tutorial using GMail and
sendmailto send system e-mails (
- Automatic Updates: Configure the HDA to automatically update the OS.
- Google Drive: Tool that lets you access your Google Drive account through the command line.
- Dropbox Uploader: Script which can be used to upload, download, list or delete files from Dropbox
- Dropbox Client: Install command-line Dropbox client on HDA.
- Check HDA Internet Speed: Check the Internet speed from your HDA with Python based CLI tool called Speedtest-cli.