The Amahi home server is a GNU/Linux-based, open-source network server, integrated with Fedora and Ubuntu.
- It is meant to be headless, and running 24x7.
- Some people also use it as a desktop, while still serving the rest of the home network.
- It has the following features:
- Media streaming server
- Application server
- Centralized storage server
- Bare metal backup server
- Bittorrent server
- Print server
- Calendar server
- Remote access server via VPN (for secure remote access to your files)
- ... and other types of installable services:
- Slideshow generator
- Recipes database
- ... and many more in the online Application Gallery!
We think there are two "types" of users for our HDAs:
- The technical user (the one who installs and runs it)
- The real user of the home network: spouses, kids, etc.
We have a few features that are directed towards making life easier for one or the other, or both. However, ultimately, the real users are the non-technical users.
The features directed towards the technical user are meant to make his/her life easier when running a home network for the benefit of all the users.