NOTE: Instructions are customized for Ubuntu. Fedora (not tested with Amahi 7 or greater) users must replace all "apt-get"s with "yum"s. So:
apt-get install mono-basic
yum install mono-basic
- 1 Installing McMyAdmin
- 2 Tekkit with McMyAdmin
- 3 Access McMyAdmin
- 4 Join MineCraft Server with Client
Minecraft server with web-based front end for server management.
- Instructions taken from this very helpful YouTube video.
apt-get install libmono-system-web2.0-cil libmono-i18n2.0-cil
Java: Copy the link to the appropriate Java version from here
wget [YOURLINKHERE.tar.gz] tar -xvf jdk-7-linux-xxx.tar.gz mkdir /usr/lib/jvm/ mv ./jdk1.7.0 /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0 sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/java" "java" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/java" 1 sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javac" "javac" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/javac" 1 sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/javaws" "javaws" "/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0/bin/javaws" 1 sudo update-alternatives --config java sudo update-alternatives --config javac sudo update-alternatives --config javaws
Check Java version, it should be something like:
java -version It should Reply java version "1.7.0" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b147) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 21.0-b17, mixed mode)
Get and install McMyAdmin
mkdir /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin wget -P /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin http://www.phonicuk.com/Downloads/McMyAdmin-latest.zip unzip /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin/McMyAdmin-latest.zip -d /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin/ chown -R apache:users /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin chmod +x /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin/start.sh
- Start McMyAdmin and Minecraft server
cd /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin ./start.sh
and wait for it to download the latest Minecraft server. Once done stop it with <Ctrl-C> and run the following to start McMyAdmin. The nohup command will allow you quit the terminal without stopping McMyAdmin server.
nohup ./start.sh &
The web interface runs on port 8080 by default account admin/admin:
By default the web interface can only be accessed from the machine it is running on. To make it available from another machine the entry passwordmd5 in McMyAdmin.conf.default must be changed. This can be done on the localhost:8080 link by changing the default password from "admin" to something else. The McMyAdmin server needs to be rebooted after the password is changed.
Installing the Minecraft Server
The Minecraft server is included with McMyAdmin and runs on port 25565 by default. After users have properly forwarded ports to the Amahi server Minecraft players will be able to use the HDA URL to connect to the server.
Cronjob will need to be set for autostart on boot. Amahi may also be able to monitor this server to make sure it is running, similar to other services.
Installing the Tekkit Server
To logon to a Tekkit server the user must use the Technic Launcher and not the default MineCraft app.
Tekkit is a collection of Minecraft mods that allows for more advanced gameplay. The purpose of this tutorial is to illustrate the installation of Tekkit on your HDA. All commands below are for the terminal. Parts of the instructions are taken from this fine YouTube video.
- Do not start the Minecraft server upon installation of McMyAdmin.
- Logon to McMyAdmin, go to Configuration, Server Settings, and select Tekkit as the Server Type.
- Navigate to the default hda web-apps folder
- Download the latest Tekkit server zip file from here. Replace my link below with your own latest one.
- Extract the zip file with unzip. Replace name of file with your own latest one.
apt-get install unzip ls unzip Tekkit_Server_3.0.4.zip
Upon starting of the Minecraft server from the McMyAdmin portal, the Tekkit server will be started instead. Building the world and installing the mods and plugins will take a while (around 5-10 minutes), so make sure to give McMyAdmin sufficient time to finish.
The default port is 25565. This may be edited below.
Creating a Tekkit Script
This is only required if you are striving to have a Vanilla and Tekkit server running side by side.
Note that 1500M stands for the number of megabytes of ram you are letting Tekkit use potentially. The 512M stands for the number of megabytes of ram you let Java use at startup.
#!/bin/sh java -Xmx1500M -Xms512M -jar Tekkit.jar
- Give permissions to the script.
chmod +x start.sh
- Start Tekkit
Tekkit with McMyAdmin
Please note that this section was written before McMyAdmin had an option for Tekkit. To make vanilla and TekkiT Minecraft versions run simultaneously, you should also create the Tekkit script from above.
- Before continuing, you must start Tekkit and stop it after Tekkit has completely loaded. This will create essential files.
cd /var/hda/web-apps/tekkit ./start.sh stop
- You must also do the same thing with McMyAdmin
cd /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin mono McMyAdmin.exe stop
For the purposes of this tutorial, it is assumed that both McMyAdmin and Tekkit have been installed and started/stopped as outlined above. We need to copy the Tekkit files into McMyAdmin.
- Go into the Tekkit folder, rename Tekkit.jar to craftbukkit.jar
cd /var/hda/web-apps/mcmyadmin/tekkit/ mv Tekkit.jar craftbukkit.jar
Tekkit and Minecraft Vanilla Coexisting in McMyAdmin
- Follow the McMyAdmin tutorial above, except name the McMyAdmin folder "McMA_Vanilla". Replace all "McMyAdmin" with "McMA_Vanilla" as needed.
- Create a folder called MineCraft.
- Copy (not move) McMA_Vanilla into the MineCraft folder.
cp -fr /var/hda/web-apps/McMA_Vanilla /var/hda/web-apps/MineCraft
- Rename the original McMA_Vanilla to McMA_Tekkit.
- Move McMA_Tekkit into MineCraft folder.
mv /var/hda/web-apps/McMA_Tekkit /var/hda/web-apps/MineCraft
- Follow the Tekkit tutorial above.
- Rename the Tekkit.jar file to craftbukkit.jar, AFTER having started and stopped the Tekkit and MineCraft servers at least once as outlined above.
Code|cd /var/hda/web-apps/tekkit mv Tekkit.jar craftbukkit.jar
- Copy the contents of the tekkit folder into the McMA_Tekkit/Minecraft folder, merge and replace all files as needed.
- Delete the now empty tekkit directory
rm -fr /var/hda/web-apps/tekkit
- Now we must edit the ports so that both McMyAdmin servers can run at the same time:
cd /var/hda/web-apps/MineCraft/McMA_Tekkit nano /McMyAdmin.conf
Change webserver.port=8080 (line 71) to webserver.port=8081
Change server.address=localhost:25565 (line 152) to server.address=localhost:25665
To save do ctrl+x, y (to confirm save), and enter
- And the same must be done with the MineCraft servers
cd /var/hda/web-apps/MineCraft/McMA_Tekkit/Minecraft nano server.properties
Change server-port 25565 (line 8) to server-port 25665
To save do ctrl+x, y (to confirm save)
- Start the Tekkit server
cd /var/hda/web-apps/MineCraft/McMA_Tekkit mono McMyAdmin.exe
- In a new terminal, start the Vanilla server
cd /var/hda/web-apps/MineCraft/McMA_Vanilla mono McMyAdmin.exe
- For the Tekkit McMyAdmin:
- For the Vanilla McMyAdmin:
Join MineCraft Server with Client
- For the Tekkit server:
- For the Vanilla server: