From Amahi Wiki
|This is only for for DEVELOPMENT notes.
Please see Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for Install Instructions
- Greyhole does not automatically restart when adding new shares or drives to storage pool (940).
- Amahi netboot package needs converted to Debian (929).
- DHCP and DNS server cannot be stopped permanently (932).
- Most themes do not display correctly (936).
- Amahi scripts need to be tested (923), i.e. FirstAdminUser, hda-change-gw, etc.
- The network restarts during installation in some systems and you may loose connection to the port-2000 installer (no web installer).
New share creation does not assign correct ownership. Also, platform updates cause share permissions to be reset to www-data:users (927). User creation does not work correctly. The user is created, but no Home directory and cannot log into OS. (957). hddtemp does not start automatically (954). The name of the first user has three extra commas after the name, e.g. "Amahi User,,, (960)" Greyhole mount_shares_locally has warns about problems mounting printer shares (924). DHCP leases do not display in Dashboard (931). DNS server reports as "Stopped" with a red light (settings tab, servers Sub-Menu). Is it really off? Well, typing HDA, drupal, or names of other web-apps into the URL bar gets you to the correct app... SSH is not installed. Need to make an SSH app so users can decide.
Use of app dependencies in install script cause some apps to not install (i.e. SABnzbdPlus, DLNA, etc)
Problems, questions, etc.
Installing Amahi on Pandaboard
How To Install RPM Package In Ubuntu: Convert RPM to DEB and will help where the depends are not hard coded in the RPM.
Ubuntu Geek: website that provides tutorials for a variety of needs.
How to Ubuntu: Another website of tutorials for customization.