To connect to your network from the outside, you will need an OpenVPN client installed on the computer from which you want to connect to your network.
There are clients For Windows, Mac and Linux:
- Windows Client: customized for Amahi to be ultra-easy to use
- Mac clients: TunnelBlick (open source) or Viscosity (pay client, very nice)
- Linux: (in general) and Ubuntu via GUI
- Android: VPN access on the Android phones
- iOS: VPN access on the iPhone/iPod/iPad
NOTE: you cannot really connect to your network and test your VPN from *inside* your network
Also, the network from which you connect to your network cannot be identical because the VPN cannot route packets in that situation. E.g. if your network at home is 192.168.1.* and the network from which you are connecting is also configured at 192.168.1.*, it will not work.