Amahi 11 Express DVD Install
Install Amahi 11 Express DVD
Express CD is pre-configured for simple installation with minimal changes needed (only use as a last resort):
- KEYBOARD: defaults to English (US).
- LANGUAGE: defaults to English.
- TIME AND DATE: defaults to server time zone.
- SOFTWARE: Minimal Install and should not be changed.
- INSTALLATION DESTINATION: defaults to the first hard drive in a multi-drive system.
- NETWORK & HOST NAME: detected automatically.
- USER SETTINGS: user admin is pre-configured with a password of administrator.
- Amahi 11 Express CD (based on Fedora 27 Server) for 64 bit (577MB)
- Burn the ISO to CD/DVD (or USB), insert the media into your server, and reboot the system.
- The instructions below have screen shots and commentary. If you are not an advanced Linux user and know what you are doing, recommend you DO NOT deviate from the guidance. Click [<Screenshot>] to show/hide the image.
- Select Install Amahi 11
- Choose desired language and select Continue
- The INSTALLATION SUMMARY screen will appear. It may take a few minutes to finish Downloading package metadata
- Choose AMAHI SERVER SETUP and enter YOUR-INSTALL-CODE obtained earlier followed by Done.
- Select KEYBOARD and choose the default layout followed by Done.
- If your keyboard layout is not listed, select the plus sign (+) and add the desired layout.
- Choose the desired layout followed by Done.
- TIME & DATE and change to match your locale if needed.
- INSTALLATION DESTINATION indicates the correct hard drive if you have more than one connected.
- NETWORK & HOST NAME indicates connected. Don't make any changes unless you are sure of what you are doing.
- Back to the INSTALLATION SUMMARY and ready to begin installation. Select Begin Installation
- Now all of the configuration steps are complete. Sit back and watch the progress.
- Once installation is complete, the machine will automatically reboot. You will next see see a black screen with no graphics displaying the Amahi 11 installation progress. When it's finished, the machine will again reboot automatically.
- Once reboot is complete, you should have a fully functional home server using the IP address set up in your network!
- To access the terminal, login with user name and password as noted above in Prerequisites.
Next you need to transition your network to use it!
Transitioning to your Amahi server
Once installed, you will want to transition your network to using your Amahi server. Here are some of the things you should know:
- Your server will boot with the static IP you pre-configured in the Amahi control panel
- This is a headless server, therefore it will boot to a text console. There is no desktop user interface. Installing the Desktop (e.g. GNOME) interface will break DNS/DHCP and make the HDA as an unsuitable network server (details)
- It's strongly recommended you follow the transition to Amahi HDA guide to get your network fully working properly
- You can verify if the dashboard is available by accessing it from any client using the IP address of your server http://IPADDRESS/ or http://hda/ (in most Windows clients this works even without DNS from your HDA)
- The first time you access the dashboard, you will need to log in with user name and password as noted above in Prerequisites.
- Once you reach your dashboard, recommend you configure your HDA settings, create/manage shares, add more storage space, install apps, etc.
- Optionally refer to Greyhole to install/configure storage pooling. RAID guidance is also available for advanced users.
Go back to Amahi 11 Install page.