Amahi 11 Upgrade
The Amahi team strongly recommends installing from scratch over the upgrade.
We can only provide limited support in the forums and IRC, though in some cases only commercial support. We continue to recommend a new install over an upgrade as the best option.
- There is no upgrade path from Fedora 14 or Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to Amahi 10. This will require a new install. The HDA OS Migration Guide might be helpful.
- For Amahi 7 users, an Amahi 8 Upgrade, Amahi 9 Upgrade and Amahi 10 Upgrade will be needed before the Amahi 11 upgrade can be accomplished (be advised this is untested).
Upgrading Amahi 10 to Amahi 11
We recommend you turn on a temporary DHCP server, (e.g. in your router) since the network may go down for the duration of the actual upgrade.
Execute all commands as
root user or precede commands with
- At a minimum Disk Wizard, Disk Stats, Greyhole UI, Web Apps, and Database Backup MUST be uninstalled
- Upgrade will work best if ALL apps are uninstalled (highly recommended)
- Back up your data as a precaution
- Update everything in the system:
- Reboot to pick up new kernels, etc:
- Update everything in the system again:
- If there are any updates, do it again. If there are new kernels, reboot:
Install the upgrade tool:
Do the live update over the network:
Once the previous fedup command is complete, you will be prompted to run:
The actual upgrade will take place now, so you will not be able to access the server (or possibly the network) until it is complete.
It would be good to have a monitor/keyboard on the system to cover the risk that the upgrade process becomes stuck somehow. This also should let you keep up with progress.
Be aware it may take 15 to 30 minutes at a minimum for the upgrade to complete, depending on your hardware. It may take *much longer* on a slower network or hardware.
Once the upgrade is complete, execute the following to disable the firewall:
You now should be able to access the dashboard at http://hda.
Visit the troubleshooting page if you find yourself in trouble.
Go back to Amahi Docs page.