HDA Admin How To
From Amahi Wiki
Amahi Release (Common)
- Disable Router DHCP Server: Generic guidance for disabling DHCP server on some routers.
- Disable DHCP Server: Disable DHCP server on HDA.
- Configure Static IP Address: Create static IP address for client devices.
- Change Gateway IP Address: Change the 3rd octet of the router/client IP addresses.
- Renew Client IP Address: Applies to Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Configuring OpenDNS: Allows filtering or block domain names (web sites) and provides statistics.
- Change DNS Provider: Change DNS from OpenDNS to different provider.
- Punching DNS Holes: access a URL (or any host) outside with the same domain in your internal network.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Secure connection from outside your network using the Amahi VPN application.
- Change Host Name: Change the host name of the Amahi HDA.
- Adding hard drives (Command-line): detailed guidance for adding hard drives to your HDA.
- How To Use USB Drives: How to connect USB Drives to your HDA.
- Manage Shares: Create, edit, delete, and manage file shares configuration.
- Shares Extra Parameters: Manage extra options per file share, such as a recycle bin or quota.
- Backups: Backup from your network PCs to the Amahi HDA.
- Greyhole: Setup/configure/manage Greyhole Storage Pooling.
- Mount Shares Locally: Safely manage Greyhole enabled share files locally on the HDA.
- Greyhole Tips: Tips and best practices for the use of Greyhole with Amahi.
- Enable Advanced Settings: Unhides advanced areas in Network and Setup tabs.
- Reset User Password: Use to reset a user's forgotten password.
- Open terminal as root user: Command line access as root user.
- Secure Shell (SSH) Login: Key-based SSH terminal access to your HDA.
- Hardware Changes: Steps for hardware changes on HDA (i.e. mother board, network card, etc).
- Hosting a web site: How to make the Amahi web server visible outside the local network.
- Adding an HDA networked printer: How to add a networked printer to your HDA.
- Automatic Database Backup: Automated daily backup of HDA databases.
- Amahi Updates: How to obtain the latest Fedora or Amahi updates.
Amahi Release (Specific)
See the Troubleshooting page for assistance.